BRAKE THE GLASS SEALING
General objective: to approach, measure and communicate relevant measures to improve women representation in positions of management and leadership and to promote gender-balanced representation at the various levels of the hierarchy in, primarily, public and private companies in all sectors of Lithuania.
- to analyze business leadership situation with a particular attention on gender dimension in boardrooms at national level as well as the composition of the boardrooms of both public and private enterprises in Lithuania;
- to foster political and business competence on and commitment to gender-balanced economic decision-making;
- to gender-mainstream the main actors and target groups of the project;
- to raise awareness of broader society on economic and social benefits of gender balance in decision-making;
- to promote positive image and rhetoric for gender balance in decision-making and temporary specific measures.
WIIC responsibilities: Awareness raising campaign
- Awareness of target group’s about the insufficiency of women participation in the economic decision-making and stimulates public and political debates challenging to break the glass ceiling that continues to bar female talent from top positions in business decision making will be raised.
- Awareness of broader society on gender economic equality issues will be raised and practical evidences on the benefits of active women participation in the decision making will be disseminated.
- Active, professional women will be connected to networking, encouraged to break the multiple barriers they facing to become the board members of companies.
- Policies of equal opportunities and welfare among employers, employees and companies will be promoted by contribution with information that more balanced boards have a possibility to create more productive and innovative working environment to improve companies’ performance.
Ministry of Social Security and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania
Office of Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson (Equality body according to the Directive 2002/73), Lithuania,
University of Šiauliai, UoS (Lithuania)
Women’s Issues Information Centre, WIIC (Lithuania)
MORE ABOUT THE PROJECT
This Project is supported by the European Union in the employment and social solidarity program PROGRESS (2007-2013) of the project “ Closing gender gap in economic decision – making in Lithuania” # JUST / 2012 / PROG / HP / 4118 / GE.
This program is implemented by the European Commission. It was established to financially support the implementation of the objectives of the Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, as well as contribute to the Europe 2020 Strategy goals in these fields.
More information can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/progress
Main objective of the project is to end cycle of violence through a cultural and generational dialogue.
The main goals are to raise awareness among youth (14-18) on domestic violence (DV) and bullying; to identify the problem; to find ways and tools to react and solve the issue; to create ways to prevent violence and bullying in school, private life and social networks (ideas form online youth social campaign) and to raise sensitization of officials which directly work with DV issues.
Project period: October 6, 2014 – December 5, 2014
- 90 min. open lessons in Kėdainiu district. Themes: ABC on stereotypes, safety in social networks, practical situation how to be safe and avoid bullying, prevention of bullying. Target group: 120 – 140 students.
- Social campaign of Facebook „Delete bullying“. Goal – to fight against bullying in social networks. Duration from 3rd to 25 th November,
- Conference „ I like safety“. Goal – raise awareness on harms of bullying for school comunity. Target group: 60 – 100 people. Students between 14 and 18 year old, teachers, youth educators.
Duration of the project: 6th October – 5th December, 2014.
Project „Generation Y for non violent relations“ is supported by the Embassy of USA in Vilnius
Informational portal www.lygus.lt is the only portal in Lithuania that provides information on different subjects of gender equality. Main themes are: gender equality, domestic violence, business, politics.
Main goal of informational portal – educate Lithuanian society on subject of gender equality in order to seek equal opportunities for men and women.
Portal is now available in lithuanian language.
Project is supported by the Ministry of Social security and labour.
Our goal is to provide specialized services for the persons who experienced domestic violence and police report has been filed. Read More
Purpose of project: To reduce the existing gender inequality between men and women and the interpersonal relations between then as well as in institutions.
Target group: Public and private sectors, the society in general, academic communities, the media, and politics.
Activities and results:
- Research will clarify the situation of women in Lithuania in many sectors; employment, education, culture, as well as their potential in Lithuania. To evaluate the situation of women in Lithuania based on the standards of the United Nations Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against women.
- Organized social campaign will educate the public about the benefits of gender equality.
- Organized events and 4 module trainings for specific target groups in all Lithuania’s municipalities will promote gender equality benefits and combat stereotypes.
- Commissions of equality between men and women will be formed at every Lithuanian municipality. These groups will help to achieve the objective set out in the project to reduce the existing inequalities between men and women in employment sector as well as in private and public fields.
- Formed Commission at each municipality or participating institution will facilitate implementation of amended Article 3 of the Law of Equal Opportunities, which comes into force from 1st of October, 2014.
Execution time: November 2013 to July 2015.
Purpose: To strengthen women’s NGO (Non-governmental organization) network in Lithuania and to assist in the daily work of organization’s representatives.
Project purpose: To reduce gender based violence among youth on social media.