BRAKE THE GLASS SEALING
General objective: to approach, measure and communicate relevant measures to improve women representation in positions of management and leadership and to promote gender-balanced representation at the various levels of the hierarchy in, primarily, public and private companies in all sectors of Lithuania.
- to analyze business leadership situation with a particular attention on gender dimension in boardrooms at national level as well as the composition of the boardrooms of both public and private enterprises in Lithuania;
- to foster political and business competence on and commitment to gender-balanced economic decision-making;
- to gender-mainstream the main actors and target groups of the project;
- to raise awareness of broader society on economic and social benefits of gender balance in decision-making;
- to promote positive image and rhetoric for gender balance in decision-making and temporary specific measures.
WIIC responsibilities: Awareness raising campaign
- Awareness of target group’s about the insufficiency of women participation in the economic decision-making and stimulates public and political debates challenging to break the glass ceiling that continues to bar female talent from top positions in business decision making will be raised.
- Awareness of broader society on gender economic equality issues will be raised and practical evidences on the benefits of active women participation in the decision making will be disseminated.
- Active, professional women will be connected to networking, encouraged to break the multiple barriers they facing to become the board members of companies.
- Policies of equal opportunities and welfare among employers, employees and companies will be promoted by contribution with information that more balanced boards have a possibility to create more productive and innovative working environment to improve companies’ performance.
Ministry of Social Security and Labour of the Republic of Lithuania
Office of Equal Opportunities Ombudsperson (Equality body according to the Directive 2002/73), Lithuania,
University of Šiauliai, UoS (Lithuania)
Women’s Issues Information Centre, WIIC (Lithuania)
This Project is supported by the European Union in the employment and social solidarity program PROGRESS (2007-2013) of the project “ Closing gender gap in economic decision – making in Lithuania” # JUST / 2012 / PROG / HP / 4118 / GE.
This program is implemented by the European Commission. It was established to financially support the implementation of the objectives of the Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities, as well as contribute to the Europe 2020 Strategy goals in these fields.
More information can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/progress